Doxie 2.13 (2640)
- Updated Doxie Q support.
- Updated internal frameworks.
- Updated OCR engine.
- Removed deprecated Eye-Fi support.
- macOS Fixed Sparkle feed URL in plist.
- macOS Fixed crash when registration is submitted with the app in the background.
Doxie 2.12.2 (2618)
- Resolved OCR permissions issue in multi-user environments.
Doxie 2.12.1 (2610)
- Restored product registration connectivity.
Doxie 2.12 (2607)
- macOS Added support for macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Updated OCR to ABBYY FineReader Engine 12.
- Updated AutoStitch engine.
- New “Text with pictures” and “Text only” OCR output options.
- New “PDF w/OCR (Gray)” grayscale output option.
- Replaced OCR preferences option “Process uncertain words” with “Replace uncertain words with image”.
Doxie 2.11.4 (2333)
- macOS Added Sparkle support for automatic updates. Automatic installations can be configured through new preferences options.
- Windows Added WinSparkle support for automatic updates.
- Better handling of not having permission to read a removable volume.
- macOS More helpful errors are now shown when attempting to save to a non-writable directory.
- Updated internal web links to HTTPS.
- Updated Doxie Cloud API.
- macOS Improved dark mode support.
- Improved typography by replacing straight apostrophes and quotation marks with their curly forms.
- Windows Updated Universal Runtime installer.
- Fixed potential cropping error with scans rotated clockwise and saved with OCR.
- Windows Fixed the ability to select an executable when adding a local application.
- Windows Fixed the display of some application names in the local applications list.
- Focus is now given to the cloud apps list when switching to that tab of the preferences.
- Fixed potential for temporary hang when launching without internet access.
Doxie 2.11.3 (2277)
- Fixed thumbnails of scans having been rotated via the menu/keyboard from temporarily being drawn at the wrong dimensions.
Doxie 2.11.2 (2276)
- macOS Applied name field visual fix in dark mode.
Doxie 2.11.1 (2275)
- macOS Fixed visual glitch when editing the name of a scan from the main window.
Doxie 2.11 (2274)
- macOS App is now 64-bit, supports Dark Mode, is notarized, and uses App Transport Security. OS X 10.10.5 or later is now required. Code signing has been updated. Internal helper tools have not yet been updated to support 64-bit.
- Windows App now supports HiDPI and is code signed. Windows 7 SP1 or later is now required.
- macOS Removed deprecated support for the original Doxie (DX100).
- Redesigned architecture for all shells and threaded sockets.
- macOS Fixed overwriting of files currently being previewed in the Finder.
- macOS Fixed issue of Quick Look failing after the first use.
- Now enforcing WPA/WPA2 minimum password length.
- No longer attempting to import unsupported file types and paths over Wi-Fi.
- Fixed excessive firmware update checking.
- Rotation adjustments of one degree or less will no longer be performed prior to performing OCR. The OCR engine may straighten scans based on detected content thus with this change we can avoid having rotation adjustments performed twice.
- Manual network setup window now takes into account the scanner firmware in applying password limitations.
- Optimized drawing speed. Also made minor cosmetic changes to thumbnail drawing.
- macOS Fixed display of local app icon masks on Mojave.
- Upgraded database engine. The database is now optimized on quit.
- Updated registration prompt behavior.
- No longer creating the “Doxie Eye-Fi” folder on first launch. Eye-Fi support is still present but deprecated.
- macOS Removed obsolete auto-launch overrides.
- Dozens of minor internal changes. Updated various delegate handlers. Removed various deprecated internals.
Doxie 2.10.3 (2023)
- Added mechanism to automatically check for firmware updates.
- Modified software update checks to take system requirements into account.
- Added hidden “Optimize Database” option to the File menu, made visible by holding down alt/option.
Doxie 2.10.2 (1981)
- macOS Added support for connected scanning with Doxie Q (requires OS X 10.10 or later).
- Added support for photo sleeve cropping with Doxie One, Doxie Go, and Doxie Go Wi-Fi.
- Tweaked UI to emphasize that the “Text under scan” OCR option is what virtually all users should select.
- Various internal bug fixes, speed improvements, and changes to account for different scanner firmware revisions.
- Fixed corrupt JPEG error when saving some scans from Doxie Go SE with OCR.
- Length and character set limits are now enforced for scanner passwords, network passwords, and scanner names.
- Improved Wi-Fi configuration window for Doxie Go SE.
- Windows Minor cosmetic changes to the installer.
Doxie 2.10.1 (1977)
- Added support for Doxie Go SE Wi-Fi.
- macOS Fixed Quick Look on macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Added support for Doxie photo sleeves with Doxie Go SE models.
- Minor graphics updates.
Doxie 2.10 (1930)
- Added support for Doxie Go SE.
- macOS Added support for connected scanning with Doxie Go SE (requires OS X 10.10 or later).
- macOS Improved disk discovery and High Sierra compatibility.
- Added tutorial to explain Doxie Q’s interleaving feature.
- Fixed corrupt JPEG error when saving some scans from Doxie Q with OCR.
- Fixed “Communication Error” message when attempting to configure Doxie Go Wi-Fi network settings while no networks are within range or while an unsupported enterprise network is within range.
- Fixed Wi-Fi debugging with Doxie Q.
- Fixed possible rare crash when canceling an import.
- Renamed some import preferences for clarity.
- macOS After importing from a new scanner, the disk eject is now performed prior to the registration prompt.
- Clicking the rotate button on a stack now rotates all the pages within the stack.
- Windows Improved discovery of “Doxie Eye-Fi” folder.
- Other minor improvements, cosmetic changes, and bug fixes.
Doxie 2.9.1 (1864)
- New Scans » Interleave menu item to merge two selected stacks of scans representing the fronts and backs of a document. This provides an easy way to scan double-sided documents with Doxie Q: scan the front sides to a PDF, flip the stack over to scan the back sides to a PDF, import both PDFs, and then easily interleave the two stacks together into the correct page order. When a single stack is selected, the menu item changes to Split Interleaving to separate the stack back into front-side and back- side stacks.
- The Staple/Unstaple feature will now staple if the selection is multiple stapled stacks. Previously it would unstaple the stacks, which could then be stapled into a single stack.
- Minor graphics update.
Doxie 2.9 (1861)
- Added support for Doxie Q. Multi-page PDFs are imported as stapled stacks and can be unstapled and reorganized as desired. Added automatic cropping of Doxie Q’s carrier sheet.
- Improved handling of interrupted wireless transfers.
- Recompressing unadjusted scans will be avoided when permissible by the image quality settings.
- Fixed wireless transfers of scans with names containing spaces.
- Scrolling via a mouse wheel or trackpad now scrolls by distance instead of by entire rows.
- Windows Fixed unresponsive trackpad scrolling.
- Improved maintenance of scanner communication for discovery purposes.
- OCR output is now saved to a temporary file and then moved into position instead of being written in place. This should improve compatibility with file syncing tools that obtain exclusive locks on synced files.
- Windows Improved cloud app folder discovery when using OneDrive.
- Added iCloud Drive cloud app support.
- macOS Added Photos support, iPhoto support deprecated.
- Import error dialog now better explains how to connect a Doxie scanner.
- Scan resolution is now shown in the scan adjustments window.
- Improved duplicate checking.
- macOS Updated code signing for app and disk image.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Doxie 2.8.1 (1752)
- Deleted scans are now moved to the Trash or Recycle Bin. Deleted scans from Doxie Go, Doxie One, and Doxie Flip can be recovered by dragging them from the Trash or Recycle Bin to the Desktop and then dragging them from the Desktop into the main Doxie window.
- Windows Fixed hanging caused by Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 and ZoneAlarm antivirus software.
- Added support for registering Doxie Go Wi-Fi.
- Windows The installer now allows the install location to be changed.
- macOS Fixed a permissions issue that caused cosmetic problems when Doxie was used by multiple users on the same computer.
- Users attempting to add OneNote as a local app will now be instructed to add OneNote as a cloud app.
- Improved handling of some rare Wi-Fi error conditions.
- Other minor interface improvements and bug fixes.
Doxie 2.8 (1724)
- Added support for Doxie Go Wi-Fi. Doxie Go Wi-Fi will appear in the import popup menu if your computer is joined to Doxie’s direct network or if your computer and Doxie are both joined to the same existing network. Additional Wi-Fi functionality is found in the new Wi-Fi section of the preferences.
- Attempting to import when no scanners have been found now shows instructions on the various ways to sync your scans.
- Import settings have been moved to the General section of the preferences.
- Tab and shift-tab can now be used to move the scan selection.
- OneNote cloud app now uses TLS security.
- macOS Added Window menu.
- Updated scanner registration process.
- Other minor interface changes.
Doxie 2.7.1 (1666)
- macOS Fixed exception error on OS X 10.7.
Doxie 2.7 (1665)
- macOS Migrated to Cocoa framework.
- macOS Added Retina display support.
- New Doxie app icon.
- Updated automatic cropping, trimming, and rotation algorithms.
- Added Box Sync, Google Drive, OneDrive, and SpiderOak Hive cloud apps.
- Removed deprecated Google Docs, Flickr, and Tumblr cloud apps.
- The adjustments window is now resizable.
- The location of the last save is now retained between runs.
- Added File » Save Original Scan menu item to save original scans without adjustments applied.
- macOS The Doxie app now requires OS X 10.7 or later. This is consistent with the minimum requirements for the Doxie scanners.
- macOS Updated code signing for OS X 10.9.5 and later.
- The scan selection is now retained after closing the adjustments window.
- The import dialog now shows the import progress when importing by dragging scans into the main window.
- Other minor interface improvements and bug fixes.
Doxie 2.6 (1523)
- macOS Rebuilt 2.6 to fix code signing issue on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
Doxie 2.6 (1522)
- Added support for OneNote.
- AutoStitch now offers the choice of saving or importing.
- Added a preferences option to limit the resolution of AutoStitch output. A default “Auto” option will select the resolution based on the number of images being stitched.
- Improved cropping of 4x6 photos with Doxie Flip.
- Added a “Doxie Flip Auto Crop” item to the Scans menu. This will perform automatic cropping of photos of arbitrary size. Align photos to the corner of the scanner lid for best results.
- Windows Fixed a very rare issue that prevented OCR and AutoStitch from working on some system configurations.
- macOS An error is now shown when attempting to use AutoStitch on versions of OS X prior to 10.7. Doxie Flip and AutoStitch require 10.7 or later.
- macOS Attempting to run Doxie from the disk image download will now show instructions for copying the Doxie application to the Applications folder.
- Other minor improvements to appearance, performance, and update checking.
Doxie 2.5 (1485)
- Added AutoStitch for Doxie Flip.
- Other minor improvements.
Doxie 2.4 (1471)
- macOS Repost with proper code signing.
Doxie 2.4 (1465)
- Added support for Doxie Flip scanner.
- Updated scanner support.
- Brightness adjustments are now applied before contrast adjustments. The new order matches the behavior of Photoshop and allows for better adjustments to very light scans.
- Windows Added a Preview button to view the selected scan.
- Added a “Remove All Adjustments” item to the Scans menu and a “Remove Adjustments” button to the adjustments window. These options remove all adjustments except for 90-degree rotations.
- An error is now shown when attempting to send a PDF larger than 100 MB to Evernote. Evernote imposes a 100 MB note size limit.
- Damaged scans will now be imported if it is possible to do so.
- Scans that have been moved or copied can now be manually imported by dragging them to the main window or via the File » Manually Import Scans menu item.
- Updated automatic cropping for Doxie Go and Doxie One scans. No automatic cropping will be performed when the Auto Rotate and Auto Trim preferences are disabled. In previous releases cropping would be applied under some circumstances regardless of the state of these preferences.
- Removed Basecamp and HelloFax cloud app support.
- Updated main window background and scan shadow appearance.
- Added workaround for bug in Eye-Fi iOS software that prevented scans from being imported if they were originally sent to the Eye-Fi iOS app.
- Windows Fixed rare issue that prevented OCR from working.
- Windows Removed driver for the original Doxie from the Doxie app installer. Users of the original Doxie will now need to install the driver separately.
- macOS Fixed cosmetic issue with transparent scan title fields.
- macOS Resolved rare issue with inaccessible mount points.
- Added helpful dialogs to explain some error conditions in the import process.
- Added more descriptive OCR error messages.
- Other minor improvements.
Doxie 2.3.1 (1398)
- Windows Fixed error when saving to PDF format.
Doxie 2.3 (1397)
- Added support for Doxie One scanner.
- macOS Added support for sending to Messages and AirDrop on OS X 10.8.
- New unified scanner bar to scan/import from all Doxie models. The logo and selection color can be customized in the preferences.
- Dropbox cloud app now supports saving multiple documents simultaneously.
- Simplified OCR activation process for eligible scanners.
- Added a tool to help troubleshoot incorrect Eye-Fi configurations.
- Adjustments window now shows which Doxie model was used to scan.
- Other minor improvements.
Doxie 2.2.1 (1326)
- macOS App is now code signed for OS X 10.7.5 and later.
Doxie 2.2 (1319)
- Added cloud app support for Dropbox.
- Added cloud app support for Basecamp.
- Added cloud app support for HelloFax.
Doxie 2.1.2 (1311)
- Fixed problem with Doxie calibration errors during the initial setup.
- Rotating clockwise in the adjustments window is now performed by shift-clicking the rotate button (previously was option-click) to be consistent with the behavior used in the main window.
- Removed Picnik cloud app (they are closing).
- Active name changes are now committed prior to exporting (save, send, or cloud).
Doxie 2.1.1 (1306)
- Fixed problems with saving OCR PDFs with file names containing non-ASCII characters.
Doxie 2.1 (1302)
- New OCR functionality enables Doxie Go users to save to searchable PDFs. OCR configuration options can be found in the preferences.
- New application icon.
Doxie 2.0.1 (1258)
- Improved Evernote integration. Tags and the destination notebook can now be specified from within Doxie by using the # and @ operators at the end of the scan name. For example, to create a new note called “Assignment 1” in the “College” notebook with tags “ENG 101” and “Essay”, enter this:
Assignment 1 @College #”ENG 101” #Essay
Double-quotes are required if the tag/notebook contains a space. Omit the notebook if the default notebook is desired.
- Windows Optimized Doxie Go disk detection.
- Windows Improved handling of attempting to save a file with an invalid file name.
- Cloud button now shows “Configure cloud apps” option if no cloud apps have been configured.
- Choosing to replace an existing file when saving now works.
- Minor improvements to the status shown while scanning with Doxie.
Doxie 2.0 (1186)
- Complete redesign.
- Added support for Doxie Go scanner.
Doxie 1.4 (304)
- Added an “Email” button to compose a new email message after uploading to Doxie Cloud.
- Added Yojimbo to the default local apps. Yojimbo, if installed, will be added automatically.
- Closing the “Doxie Not Connected” window will now confirm that the user wants to quit if there are any open document/photo windows.
- Added a “Try Again” button to the calibration failure dialog.
- Added a dialog to subscribe to the email newsletter.
- Updated license agreement.
- Minor cosmetic changes.
Doxie 1.3 (297)
- Added support for CloudApp.
- URLs are now selected after uploading to a cloud app.
- Made minor changes to the wording of some dialogs.
Doxie 1.2 (292)
- Added a “Devices” button to the document and photo windows. This button can be used to send scans to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. iOS 4 or later, iTunes 9.2 or later, and iBooks (from the App Store) are required to use this feature.
- Windows Fixed an error related to missing local apps.
Doxie 1.1 (279)
- Scanned photos can now be saved in PDF format.
- Pages in the document scanning window can now be rotated via a contextual menu.
- Rotating a single page document no longer requires the page to be selected.
- Added a new Doxie Diagnostics window for scanner maintenance and troubleshooting. Access the window via the Scanning » Diagnose Doxie menu item.
- Reduced prefeeding distance by 20%.
- The list of cloud apps in the preferences window will now display “Documents”, “Photos”, or “Documents & Photos” under the account name. This indicates which scanning mode is needed for use with the cloud app.
- The destination menu in document and photo windows will now immediately reflect changes made to the local apps list in the preferences window.
- Updated the description of the Google Docs OCR option.
- Fixed a very rare bug related to the appearance of buttons.
- Windows Fixed the display of some bundled Microsoft software in the local apps list in the preferences window.
- macOS Fixed a bug related to saving scans in PNG format with long file names.
- PNG output now has resolution information.
Doxie 1.0.1 (263)
- macOS Calibration now requires admin authentication. This resolves calibration failures for users with standard accounts.
- Improved wording of some calibration error dialogs.
- Adjusted the text of some menu items for consistency.
- macOS New disk image graphics.
Doxie 1.0 (240)